Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New project: Publications

A new year, a new project!
We are required to create a magazine as a class. To begin with, in groups of 6, we have to come up with a concept for the magazine - content, layout, typog etc - and then pitch our idea to the class. Whoever gets the most votes becomes the editorial team for the magazine.Going well so far, my group has a sound idea - we will find out the winner on friday.

In my research I have found some really interesting magazines, my favourite being Marmalade. I really love the collage used and the cut and paste feel to it.
check it out: www.myspace.com/marmalademag

Also, I have found a few other homemade publications on myspace, Fever zine and sketch stance. They are really basic, just black and white and photocopied. This has inspired me to create a zine of my own!watch this space....

www.myspace.com/feverzine

No comments: