Monday, February 11, 2008

Research

In my research so far, Iain Sinclair has stood out as being an inspiring filmmaker. I watched his film about the M25 (the london orbital) a couple of years ago, and still remember it because of its unique narrative, the dull voice that spoke through the film, and the way it made me think about something that I had never considered before - the social impact of a motorway. It made me realise that humans have a relationship with the space around them; one that is very important, yet is not often recognised. I would like to explore a space that noone has thought about before.
I found a website callled www.urbansquares.com which was interesting in the way it recorded derives from around the world, exploring squares in different cities. This made me think of perhaps recording a derive/journey for my final piece.

Section of Sinclair's orbital documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ow5vTyHz9k

No comments: