Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Development of project

So... instead of pondering on my project for too long like I always do, I began drawing the old technology I own, and the things I'd bought from charity shops. Just simple pencil drawings, then went over them in black ink pen. I really enjoy doing this - so I decided to go in this direction instead of the other ideas I had: looking at the history of certain technology, eg the evolution of the telephone, or looking at how different types of technology have evolved into one object now - the iPhone or the Blackberry.
One main inspiration for me is 'The Lost Formats Preservation Society' created by Experimental Jetset. They have collated almost every type of format you can think of - music formats as well as video, computer etc. Have a look...

http://www.experimentaljetset.nl/lostformats/01.html

1 comment:

Hearing Light said...

Great Blog. You really have an amazing blog. I want to give you unlimited Free advertising for it and any other blogs, websites, or businesses that you have. Just go to www.swaggerspot.com to get started. thank you and God bless you